Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A Slice of Americana Canadiana

An actual conversation between myself and HWWNBN late last night:
HWWNBN: Why are my papers (various quotes for building material that he left on a coffee table) all messed up? 
MMC: Because they were on top of the coaster I needed. 
MMC: But why are the papers on the table, anyway? 
HWWNBN: They're quotes ... (indignantly) 
MMC: Yeah, but you've already bought the stuff! 
HWWNBN: Yeah ....   
MMC:
HWWNBN:  They're garbage. 
MMC: So let me get this straight - you left your garbage on the table instead of throwing it out? And now you're complaining because somebody messed up your garbage? 
HWWNBN:  
MMC: Seriously?? 
HWWNBN: 
At any rate, I am pleased to report that when I got up this morning the garbage, excuse me, his papers were gone from the table.

2 comments:

OldAFSarge said...

I have been on the losing side of that argument.

Michelle Morgan-Coole said...

That's not an argument, OldAF Sarge. That's just plain old fashioned logic taking the day.

And they say women aren't logical ... pphhtt! :D