It was an interesting overview of just what that company does and why it's work is so important. And a reminder that bad things sometimes do happen to good people. And good companies. Just because.
Having read that, I hopped around the blog a bit and landed on "Rules of Combat". Too numerous to count (okay, there's actually 126 - with many more in the Comments), they're also too good and too funny not to share.
1. Friendly fire – isn’t.
2. Recoilless rifles – aren’t.
3. Suppressive fires – won’t.
21. The important things are always simple.
22. The simple are always hard.
23. The easy way is always mined.
24. Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.
25. Never draw fire; it irritates everyone around you.
26. If you are short of everything but the enemy, you are in the combat zone.
27. When you have secured the area, make sure the enemy knows it too.
28. Incoming fire has the right of way.
31. If the enemy is within range, so are you.
32. The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.
41. When both sides are convinced they’re about to lose, they’re both right.
44. Fortify your front; you’ll get your rear shot up.
52. Sniper’s motto: reach out and touch someone.
53. Killing for peace is like screwing for virginity.
56. It’s not the one with your name on it; it’s the one addressed “to whom it may concern” you’ve got to think about.
67. One enemy soldier is never enough, but two is entirely too many.
71. The more a weapon costs, the farther you will have to send it away to be repaired.
72. The complexity of a weapon is inversely proportional to the IQ of the weapon’s operator.
76. For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.
89. The bursting radius of a hand grenade is always one foot greater than your jumping range.
96. If your flank march is going well, the enemy expects you to outflank him.
97. Density of fire increases proportionally to the curiousness of the target.
98. Odd objects attract fire – never lurk behind one.
99. Odd objects attract fire. You are odd.
105. Whenever you drop your equipment in a fire-fight, your ammo and grenades always fall the farthest away, and your canteen always lands at your feet.
112. What gets you promoted from one rank gets you killed in the next rank.Now go read the rest.
116. If you need an officer in a hurry take a nap.
119. If at first you don’t succeed, then bomb disposal probably isn’t for you.
120. Any ship can be a minesweeper . . . once.
121. Whenever you lose contact with the enemy, look behind you.
122. If you find yourself in front of your platoon they know something you don’t.
125. When accused, admit nothing, deny everything, and file counter-accusations