Monday, May 12, 2008

'Why Did That Chicken Cross The Road?'

Shamelessly 'borrowed' from Kris at Reflections By Kris, here is some political levity to start your week.


Why Did the Chicken Cross the Road?

Barack Obama: The chicken crossed the road because it was time for a CHANGE! The chicken wanted CHANGE!

John McCain: My friends, that chicken crossed the road because he recognized the need to engage in cooperation and dialogue with all the chickens on the other side of the road.

Hillary Clinton: When I was First Lady, I personally helped that little chicken to cross the road. This experience makes me uniquely qualified to ensure - right from Day One! - that every chicken in this country gets the chance it deserves to cross the road.

George W. Bush: We don't really care why the chicken crossed the road. We just want to know if the chicken is on our side of the road, or not. The chicken is either with us or against us. There is no middle ground here.

John Kerry: Although I voted to let the chicken cross the road, I am not against it! It was the wrong road to cross, and I was misled about the chicken's intentions. I am not for it now, and will remain against it.

Al Gore: I invented the chicken!

Bill Clinton: I did NOT cross the road with THAT chicken. What is your definition of chicken?

Dick Cheney: Where's my gun?
True enough, some might consider it a sure sign of having hung out with those durn Americans for too long. And I must admit that it does kind of make me wonder if I could possibly come up with the Canadian equivalent...

Nah, I think those Yanks have the market cornered on this one!

Update: My favourite by far ... George W. Bush "That chicken is either for us or against us!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me try, Michelle:

CANADIAN: Road, eh? Chicken crossing what road, eh? All I can see is snow and ice, eh.

Michelle Morgan-Coole said...

Oh, Peter, that is sooo bad.

Let me try:
Prime Minister Steven Harper (Conservative) ~ We crossed the road because George Dubya did, of course. And you are either for them or against them, eh.

Stephane Dion (Liberal leader from Quebec) ~ But, of course, ze crossed the road in a spirit of mulitnational co-operation. This is very important, n'est-ce pas?

Although now, we think it may be time uncross the road. That is, only if the polls agree, bien sur.

Jack Layton (NDP leader) ~ We will never again cross the road. The Liberals never should have crossed the road in the first place and now the Conservatives have followed in their footsteps. We will immediately bring home any troops who have already crossed the road and sit down and talk with the other chickens. Only by talking can we gain peace, eh.

Oh yeah, one more thing, this whole crossing the road situation ... shocks and appalls me, as it does all right-thinking (I mean left ... left-thinking) Canadians, eh.

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed and thanx for the linky lurve.

I loved all of 'em...it's a nutshell view of American politics...

God, did I just say that and mean it? Yes, I did indeed.

Anonymous said...

Loved this one!