Saturday, February 16, 2008

Yesterday I Met A Stranger

I borrowed [okay, okay ... stole] this from Casdock at Mother of Shrek because it reasonated with me on so many levels at the moment. From my 'real' friends to my blog friends ... to the thoughts I've been having as I watch my mother slip away.

So thank you, Casdock, I hope you don't mind a little sharing between friends.

Yesterday I met a stranger…
Today this stranger is my friend.

Had I not taken the time to say hello, or return a smile, or shake a hand, or listen; I would not have known this person.

Yesterday I hugged someone very dear to me. Today they are gone… and tomorrow will not bring them back.

Wouldn't it be nice if we all knew tomorrow would be here?
But this is not to be, so take the time today to give a hug, a smile, and an "I love you"

…Just for today,
…smile at a stranger
...listen to someone's heart
…drop a coin where a child can find it
…learn something new, and then teach it to someone
…tell someone you are thinking of them
…hug a loved one
…don't hold a grudge
…don't be afraid to say "I'm sorry"
…look at a child and tell them how great they are
…don't kill that spider in your house, he's just lost so show him the way out
…look beyond the face of a person into their heart
…make a promise and keep it
…call someone for no reason, just to say "hi"
…show kindness to an animal
…stand up for what you believe in
…smell the rain, feel the breeze, listen to the wind, dance with nature
…use all your senses to their fullest
…cherish all your todays.

Author Unknown

4 comments:

Casdok said...

So sorry to hear about your mother.

And no i dont mind at all, to me sharing is what blogging is all about.
It resonated with me as well.

Anonymous said...

What wonderful thoughts. Sorry to hear about your mom. What a wonderful place we would all live in if these words of advice were followed by everyone. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

BTW - love your quote of the day!

Michelle Morgan-Coole said...

Thanks, would you believe I saw it up on the wall at my childrens' school? ;-)