Monday, November 26, 2007

The End of the Line

What does it mean to come to the end of the line?
It can be a good or a bad thing, I suppose, depending on the context. But the words themselves tend to evoke a feeling of melancholy, even loneliness, for me.

But not this time. This time it feels more like ... fear. And excitement. With a little giddiness thrown in. But definitely, most strongly, fear.

So what has me so confussed and perpluxed, you ask?
Sorry, for now you will just have to wait. Because, quite simply, I wouldn't want to take a chance on jinxing it.

For now, we will just have to say that it could be close. To the end of the line. Of one small, but far from insignificant, portion of our lives. Most likely not one of the bigger portions, the ones I have really been praying, wishing and hoping for for an awful long time. But its a step. Hopefully in the right direction.

So for now, please just wish us luck. Pray for us. Send us good vibes. Whatever works for you. And we will gratefully accept it. And if when we get there, to the end of that particular line, I will let you know.

Its not very far away. Not very far at all. In fact, I have those moments when I think its way too close. Because really, its only one more week.

And that is the scariest part of all.

2 comments:

Punkys Dilemma said...

I'm wishing. I'm hoping. I'm praying.
Hang in there M. Its going to be all good. I can feel it in my bones!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmmmmm............now I'm very curious. Curious, curious, curious. I have many theories, but will wait (patiently? no, because that's not in my vocabulary) and see what comes about next week.