Monday, November 5, 2007

Message From The Starcatcher

Do you know what hope is?
Its magic and its free.
Its not in a prescription.
Its not in an IV.

It punctuates our laughter,
It sparkles in our tears.
It simmers under sorrows,
And dissipates our fears.

Do you know what hope is?
Its reaching past today,
Its dreaming of tormorrow,
Its trying a new way.


Its rumours of a break,
Its whispers of a cure,
A roller coaster rider,
Of remedies unsure.

Do you know what hope is?
Its candy for the soul,
Its perfume for the spirit,
To share it makes you whole
.

Take my hand ... come ... let's share this hope ... together ...

The starcatcher grinned and whispered a plan,
I'll catch all the stars I possibly can.
Then give them to all my friends so they will truly see
How sparkling and special they are to me.

If I could catch a rainbow ...
I would do it just for you,
And share with you its beauty
On the days you're feeling blue ...

If I could build a mountain
You could call your very own,
A place to find serenity,
A place to be alone ...

If I could take your troubles
I would toss them in the sea ...
But all these things I'm finding are impossible for me,

I cannot build a mountain or catch a rainbow fair,
But let me be what I know best,
A friend that's always there.


- Unknown




Just one of my all-time favourite poems.
For personal reasons, it means a lot to me.

No comments: